Our commitment to health and well-being
Covid-19 Level 3 restrictions Explained:
Due to Australian Government Covid-19 Level 3 restrictions imposed on dental service providers we’re forced to only practice emergency cases until there’s a change in regulations.
For more info about the regulations visit here.
To our valued patients and clients
As situation with COVID-19 is evolving day to day, we at Coast Dental
have taken few decisions in support of health and safety for our staff
- Our waiting room chairs are 1.5m apart in line with social distancing restrictions (the 4m rule does not apply to health care practices)
- Patients are been told to stay at car parks if there are more than 4 people at our waiting room
- Keeping patient’s appointment to as minimal as possible.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for use in our reception area and throughout our practice.
- All surfaces, equipment and adjusting tables are regularly sanitized with disinfectant.
- Team members will continue proper hand hygiene throughout the day
- Patients must use mouthwash and hand wash as directed by their operating providers on the chair.
- A written/verbal screening process for all new and returning patients, to keep clinic secure for everyone through phone calls prior to their appointment.
Kindly ring us to reschedule your appointment if you have flu like symptoms such as fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or any upper respiratory signs and or symptoms.
If any of following criteria you meet, you are directed to tell our staff over the phone prior to appointment
- travelled overseas within the last two weeks
- travelled from interstate (all people entering South Australia must isolate with immediate effect from 23 March 2020)
- in contact with a COVID 19 patient or someone suspected of the virus
- any signs of upper respiratory issues
Monday-Friday 9 to 5 effective 1st April
We are open for Business and taking on patients for emergencies and important treatment, including fillings and tooth related issues but also urging patients to stay indoors if it’s not urgent and differing routine dental treatments
You can call over the phone for any emergencies and if we find it non essential, we will differ by few months.
Our friendly staff will also be calling to ensure your appointments are needed, or to be rescheduled. This will be based on your needs and your treatment planning phase.
We are stopping late nights on Mondays, Wednesday and Saturday effective 1st April to keep our staff minimal to exposure hours and for their health and safety.
We will keep these effective till 31st May and reconsider after that week to week base.
As a healthcare provider, we are requesting people to practice self isolation and please take social distancing very seriously as this will decide future course of this fatal virus in our community.
We are here to your support always and only phone call away…
Team Coast Dental and Dr Grover